Monday 19 December 2016

Massage and the Body

I had a massage the other day -  it great!  Afterwards though, I felt a little dizzy, a bit sore and quite sick. I hadn't had a massage for a while and I was surprised it had this effect on me. When I spoke to my massage therapist, she mentioned that massage releases the toxins in our body which are then eliminated through the liver and kidneys.  This can result in a feeling of nausea. Nausea after a massage can also result from a lack of hydration.  We recommend our clients drink water before and after a massage if possible.  Drinking enough water is essential to our good health and assists with the detoxification process of the body.  There are many benefits to the body to stay well hydrated, and doing so can also help alleviate any headaches experienced after a massage.

I have decided I am going to make time for a regular massage (one of the perks with working in a day spa!).  I like the idea of toxins being removed from my body. Toxins can be caused through the foods we eat, the environment, our lifestyle and other factors including stress, anxiety and our emotions.  So a good massage is great for the body, the mind and our emotional well being.

Before you head in for your next massage, discuss your requirements with your massage therapist - they will be able to tailor the massage to suit your needs.  And remember, never get a massage from someone who isn't property qualified (unless its a loved one of course).  They can do more harm than good!


Massages are great for the body, mind and emotional well being.





No comments:

Post a Comment